Why India is Becoming a Popular Medical Travel Destination
People today want value for their money; maybe because money is becoming harder to get day by day. Globalization, Internet, low cost air travel all are factors that contribute in bringing down the price of many service one among which is medical treatment. This new development in traveling focusing on medication attention is known as medical tourism.
Why medical tourism is growing in popularity?
If you would know that X type of surgery costs you US $35000 in USA and only about US $5000 in some other country, without any extra risk would not you try to have your surgery in that country? In most cases, the answer would be an unhesitant 'YES'. People from countries with strong currencies would profit greatly when they make purchases in countries with lower strength currencies. For examples, an American or British national would have 40 -70 times the amount of money when they use their money in India as the US Dollar and British pound equals to Rs.40 and Rs.70 respectively.
Another advantage is that foreigners are treated with deference in most Asian countries as there is a strong pro-tourism culture systematically promoted by the respective Governments. This makes it possible to have customized attention, a thing not possible in the country of their origin.
Why India is the ideal medical tourist destination?
India is fast emerging as the ideal medical tourism destination because of many factors some of which have been listed below:
- Amazing cost comparison ÃÂ Indian prices for medical treatment is often as low as one tenth of or more than the cost of the same treatment is USA or UK. For example, bone marrow surgery in USA costs US $250,000 while in India the same procedure can be availed for only US $26,000.
- Exceptional doctors ÃÂ India is renowned for its brilliant intellectual mass, including doctors. The big hospitals pride themselves with highly proficient doctors who are as good, if not better than then their counterparts abroad are.
- Quality service ÃÂ foreigners in India are treated like royalty. The Indian culture is such that it treats their guests with great deference. "Athithi bhagwan bhawa" is a saying in Sanskrit that loosely translates as "Guests are to be treated as Gods". This is why foreigners love India. This is an exceptional trait when you are in hospital seeking treatment. It is a great feeling to have exemplary service when you are sick.
Wide variety of treatments offered
In India, treatment does not stop with allopathic medicine. In fact, this is only the tip of the iceberg. For those who are fed up of chemicals and traditional treatments, there is a big option basket to choose from: ayurvedic treatment, yoga, reiki, acupuncture, herbal treatments, homeopathy and many more. You can avail of whatever treatments you want with amazing results.
Killing two birds with one stone
When you visit India for medical treatment, you would find that the best are offered in some of the most picturesque parts of the country, such as Goa, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi where you could combine your treatment with some unforgettable sightseeing trips. India is an amazingly beautiful country where the cost of travel, food and hotel is relatively low.
Helpful web resources:
- http://www.medical-tourism-india.com/ - this is a very explicit website that gives you a detailed description of the popular medical packages available and best hospitals in India
- http://www.medinetindia.com/ - here you could look up to learn about the procedures required to avail of medical treatment in India. It also offers an overview on cost comparison, which is very helpful for deciding which offers the best value for money.
- http://www.indiantravel.theindiancenter.com/india-medical-destination-tourism.html - learn about medical packages offered by major hospitals. This website offers help with travel and accommodation arrangements plus an overview of what you should expect in different parts of the country.